Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Honey Do List - July 2016

It's always fun to see the challenge Eric Wentling has cooked up for the "Honey Do" list.
His goal is to encourage his wife, Sarajo, to stay creative. It's a bonus foe those of us who play along.

Here's what Eric, an accomplished photographer had to say about this month's challenge:


I'm a huge fan of the beauty to be found in nature, especially that hidden within the depths of the earth.  The random patterns of these stone pendants are a work of art unto themselves--some abstract, others more defined.  The challenge this month is to incorporate such a patterned natural stone into your jewelry!

If you've been following me or a while, you know I can't resist unique gemstones.I thought it would be difficult to choose, but I was immediately drawn to a unique ocean jasper cabochon I picked up in Tucson a few years ago.

I tried to follow the lines of the pattern with my wrap and decided to simply string the pendant on a copper chain to keep the focus on the stone.

Thanks for stopping by.
Don't forget to visit Sarajo's blog to check out the rest of this month's participants.




4 comments:

  1. Ooh... I love ocean jasper! Nice work on the wire wrapping! The simplicity lets the stone shine. Thanks for playing along with us this month. Check back on August 1st to see what Eric has in store next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice wire wrapped cab!!! I love the pattern on the stone and your wire wrapping! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say exactly what Sj said! Ocean Jasper is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasper has fantastic patterns! This specific pattern is like watercolors, I like how the wire wrapping shows it off and at the same time is quite fancy at the bail :)

    ReplyDelete