Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reflections

Here it is ~ 9-ish on New Year's Eve and I am sitting in front of my computer.
Perfect time for a little reflection -

It's truly been an amazing year.


So...
It's no longer New Year's Eve.
But I am still (again) in front of my computer. And any time is a good time for reflection and goal setting.

At this time I am forced to admit that I am a terrible blogger. All my posts relate to challenges and blog hops. Maybe it's good I participate in these events or I might never blog at all.

As I said on New Year's Eve ~ It really has been an amazing year.

After a stressful and emotional spring, I retired from teaching in June. It definitely was time. I definitely do not miss rushing out every morning. I do miss the kids and the special activities we did. And most of all, I miss the people I spent so much time with for 20 years. 

Retirement gave me the opportunity to become a full time jewelry artist.
I learned new skills, bought new tools and entered more markets. And met many new friends!

The first gamble was committing to the Southampton Village Farmer's Market. This was a big commitment as it involved every Sunday from Memorial Day till Columbus Day. That is every Sunday I wasn't at one of the weekend shows I've participated in for several years. The Farmer's Market turned out to be a good gamble and I plan to do it again this year.






I learned how to knot pearls! And I love it!
I even had a commission to knot 10 pearl bracelets for a bridal party.   










Another gamble was to participate in the East End Arts Council's Holiday boutique. My jewelry was on display from the middle of November till just before Christmas. It was a great experience to meet other artisans. I learned what might sell best and was pleased with my sales. Definitely an event to plan on for next year.






I participated in a few Blog Hops and have a few more planned - 
Stay tuned for the Radiant Orchid Challenge at the end of February and the Ocean Blog Hop late May.  And don't forget the "Inspired by Reading Book Club" the first week of each month! 
btw - It's been great getting to know Andrew Thornton and the other book club participants. 

As I move into 2014, I'm looking forward to heading to the Tucson Gem Shows for the first time and amping up my wire and metal skills.

I want to resolve to blog more during 2014. The best I can do is try!
Stay tuned to see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment